Choosing between two destinations when weather is the main uncertainty

We're choosing between two destinations for a week off, and the deciding factor is weather. One has a higher chance of rain but better indoor options; the other is mostly about beaches and outdoor walks. We can tolerate a shower, but losing half the trip to storms would sting. I know long-range forecasts are unreliable. Would you book the more weather-resilient place, or choose the one you really want and build a rainy-day plan?

  • travel-planning
  • choosing
  • between
  • destinations
26

4 replies · Sort: Best

Best

1 reply from the original poster, shown with the conversation around them.

  1. SS
    silvia.safitri
    6 points

    1 reply

    I’d lean toward the weather-resilient option unless the outdoor destination is truly the whole point. Rainy-day backup plans are nice, but t...

    61 reply

    I’d lean toward the weather-resilient option unless the outdoor destination is truly the whole point. Rainy-day backup plans are nice, but they’re not the same as having an actually good indoor day built into the place.

    6
    1. SA
      trail_samiOP
      2 points

      That’s helpful. I think I was hoping there was a smarter compromise, but maybe the compromise is choosing a place that doesn’t fall apart if the forecast changes.

      2