We're choosing between two destinations for a week off, and the deciding factor is weather. One has a higher chance of rain but better indoor options; the other is mostly about beaches and outdoor walks. We can tolerate a shower, but losing half the trip to storms would sting. I know long-range forecasts are unreliable. Would you book the more weather-resilient place, or choose the one you really want and build a rainy-day plan?
Choosing between two destinations when weather is the main uncertainty
- travel-planning
- choosing
- between
- destinations
26
1 reply
I’d lean toward the weather-resilient option unless the outdoor destination is truly the whole point. Rainy-day backup plans are nice, but t...
I’d lean toward the weather-resilient option unless the outdoor destination is truly the whole point. Rainy-day backup plans are nice, but they’re not the same as having an actually good indoor day built into the place.
That’s helpful. I think I was hoping there was a smarter compromise, but maybe the compromise is choosing a place that doesn’t fall apart if the forecast changes.
1 reply
I’d pick the place that still has a decent trip if the weather is mediocre. A week away feels much better when the destination has more than...
I’d pick the place that still has a decent trip if the weather is mediocre. A week away feels much better when the destination has more than one good version of itself.
That’s my instinct too. If the whole trip depends on blue skies, you’re kind of gambling with your vacation mood.